Magnani CPA was founded by Massimo Magnani to specialize in the needs of international business with an emphasis on Italian companies and investors who can now benefit from Magnani’s lifetime of business experience in Italy and the U.S.
When Magnani moved to the U.S. in 1997 to set up the North American headquarters of an Italian manufacturing company he had to overcome a number of cultural and business challenges that most American CPAs are simply unprepared to deal with. He now incorporates those difficult lessons into Magnani CPA.
Including the U.S. and Italy, Magnani has worked in seven countries in South America, North America, Europe and Africa. He is fluent in Italian, Spanish and English, while he also has an intermediate knowledge of French and Portuguese.
A native of Bologna, Magnani attained the status of Doctor in economics and business from the University of Bologna. He holds a Master’s in business and administration from Emory University in Atlanta and a Master’s in forensic accounting from Florida Atlantic University in Fort Lauderdale.
He honed his accounting skills in Milan at one of Italy’s most prominent accounting firms at that time and went on to hold senior management positions in finance before rising to the level of CEO and general manager.
After attaining his U.S. CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) credential, he further honed his skills as an investigative accountant with the State Attorney’s Office and as a forensic accounting consultant in Miami. He subsequently became a Certified Public Accountant.
Magnani CPA is a full-service firm, offering a wide range of accounting and business solutions, including:
- Tax compliance and planning for companies and individuals
- Financial statements, consolidated financial statements, financial reports to headquarters
- Due diligence for business acquisitions
- FBAR filing and foreign bank account disclosure
- Estate taxes
- Tax and business regulation for real estate investments
- Fraud examination and investigation
- U.S. business structures (with international considerations)
- Compliance with local business laws and regulations
- FIRPTA compliance